There are many FAQS when you travel to Viet Nam so to help you to understand them we will give you some FAQs

Getting Around

Q. Can I travel freely in Vietnam?

A. Yes, you can travel freely in Vietnam. There’s some sensible places ( near the border ) you need to apply for permission before visitting. You had better contact our office for any instruction, or you can book part of the services through our company like car rental or hotel. The other you can pay by your self.

Q. Can I ride a motorbike in Vietnam?

A. Yes, you can ride a motorbike if you have motor bike driving license. You had better learn about the area before. Or you can rent our tour guide to go with you.

Q. Is it safe to ride a motorcycle in Vietnam?

A. No,it isn’t . Many Vietnamese people don’t have proper knowledge and awareness of the traffic law. Road condition is bad and dusty. You had better take a ride on a short segment below 50 km. The rest you can use the car to continue the trip.

Q. Can I drive a car in Vietnam?

A. Yes, you can.It is reccommended for you to rent a car in Tourist company . It’s safe. And you can have thoughful care from the driver.Tourists who are not used to the traffic in Vietnam find it difficult to drive.

Q. Is car rental valued per hour or per kilomettre?

A. Car rental is valued per km and time. We can provide you exact the costs on the scheduled itineraries.

Q. What includes in the car rental?

A. Car rental includes tax, gas, toll fees, driver’s personal expenses.

Q. What should I do in order to book tour with VE travel?

A. After an agreement on the tour program and quotation, you confirm your booking for the tour by paying deposit. We requires 20% of the total amount as deposit. The balance will be settled upon your arrival Vietnam. After receiving it, we proceed all the bookings and send you final confirmation sooonest. Further, we could scan all the hotel confirmations and airtickets to keep your mind on the itineraries and better understanding.

Q. Is it possible to stay overnight on boat in Halong bay? Could you please discribe it?

A. Yes, definitely. The junk have 5- 7 rooms, bathroom ensuite. Each rooms have twin beds or double bed, fan, toilet, hot water. Air conditioning in the room is available at your request. Each junk have dining room and sitting room ( 20 – 30 m2). You can go the the upper bunk for sightseeing or sunbathing. We guaratee the hygene and good services on the boat.

Q. Can I go kaying on Halong Bay?

A. Yes, you can go kayaking following the 1, 2 or 3 days tours from Hanoi. We have composite kayaks and professional guide available.

Q. Can I go kayking from Catba island?

A. yes, We can arrange 1 day kayaking and swimming on Lan Ha bay.

Q. Can you arrange a biking tour in Vietnam?

A. Yes, we can. It depends on your demands, we can arrange short biking tour in and arround Hanoi, Hue, Saigon or biking tour throughout Vietnam. We can arrange biking tour guide to go with you. We also arrange a minibus, if you don’t want to cycle, you can use the minibus instead.

Q. What is your bike type?

A. The bikes are new and nice . They have 21 gears. Any way, you can bring your own bike with you.

Q. What is the ability of the tour guide like?

A. Our tour guides are experienced, with National Certificate from National Tourism Board. - Tourguides are always received good feedback from our customers.

Q. Is there any free time in the tour ?

A. yes, but not many. Ussually after dinner. You can request more free time for shopping.

Flights and Tours

Q. How to buy air tickets to Vietnam?

A. There are many airlines which have direct flights to Vietnam like: Vietnam airlines,Air France, American Airlines, Thai Airway, Japanese airlines, Singapre Airlines, Malaysia Airlines. Please contact with the airlines agency to book the airtickets.

Q. How to book a cheap air tickets to Vietnam?

A. There are many websitea and airline agencies which provides air ticketting. You had better study serveral airlines to find the suitable one. Q. Can we book air tickets through VE Travel?

A. Yes, you can book air tickets to Vietnam through our company and receive airtickets at your country. The airfare will be higher cause we have to pay for the fees when issuing the tickets in foreign country. The best way is to book the air tickets for yourself. 

Food and Drink

Q. What do you serve if I am a vegetarian?

A. In this case, please advise us before so that we can order a vegetarian menu during your trip in Vietnam. Vietnam is famous for Vegetarian foods, tropical fruits. We are willing to serve at your taste.


Q. Are there any restrictions on photography in Vietnam?

A. Yes. Photography in or near military installations, airports or similar locations is prohibited. Anyone caught doing so will have the film, and possibly the camera or camcorder, confiscated and may be arrested.

Q. Can I buy antiques in Vietnam?

A. A qualified yes. However, exporting an artefact with cultural significance requires an official licence. Without a licence, anything old is liable to be confiscated at the airport.

Q. How can I take large items home with me – furniture or paintings, for example?

A. We are also registered for export and import activities. We will give you an ‘at cost’ quotation, and arrange for the items to be properly crated and licensed for export.

Q. Are there Internet facilities in Vietnam?

A. Yes, plenty in cities and large towns, but not in rural areas. Most large hotels have internet access, and Internet cafes are commonplace and cheap.

Q. The artist you took me to was wonderful. I want to give him a gift. Any ideas?

A. This is a common query. Rather than make general suggestions, we will try to suggest something that will be really appreciated, and purchase it on your behalf, if necessary.

Q. I am from the United States. Will I face any hostility because of the war?

A. You will be surprised by the warmth of your reception. We Vietnamese live in the present and the future – the war is history. We warmly welcome people from all countries and races.

Q. What is the attitude towards drugs in Vietnam?

A. The law is strict in Vietnam. The use of illegal narcotics is strictly forbidden, and dealers and persons caught trafficking, whether Vietnamese or foreigner, face excecution. Don't risk it under any circumstances!


Q. Can I use a credit card to get cash in Vietnam?

A. Yes, You can withdraw cash at any ATM in big cities such as: Hanoi, Hochiminh city, Hue, Hoian, Halong, Haiphong, Danang, Nhatrang, Buon Ma Thuot , Vung tau, Cantho with commission

Q. Can I pay by credit card in Vietnam?

A. Yes, You can pay by credit card with 3% commission for Visa and Master, 4% commission for Amex. You can pay at shops and hotels in big cities, commercial centre and tourist sites.

Q. What about travellers’ cheques?

A. You can change into USD or Vietnamese dong with commission from 1%-3% at the banks in big cities. Travellers’ cheques can be used to pay for the roomcharge and other tourism services.

Q. Where can I change my currency for local currency?

A. You can change your currency for local currency at the airport, banks, Jewerllery shops. You should prepare some cash in USD and Euros ( 50- 100 domination) for better exchange rates.

Q. What if I have a lot of local currency left over when I leave?

A. You can change local currency to the currency you brought in only by showing the yellow customs slip that you were given on arrival. The amount must be less than the original.

Q. What is the payment method for deposit?

A. You can pay by credit card or bank transfer or you can use the service of Western Union . Please read our terms and conditions for more details.

Q. What is the payment method for the balance ?

A. After paying for deposit, you can settle the balance at our office in Hanoi or in Hochiminh city by cash or credit card. Cash ( Euros or US dollar ) is preferred. Or you can bank transfer the balance directly to our bank account before travelling to Vietnam.


Q. What is the main difference in the climate of Vietnam and that of my country?

A. Vietnam is both hot and humid. Combined, they make visitors from temperate countries sweat profusely. Drinking plenty of water and good sun protection is essential.

Q. What can I do about jet lag?

A. Not much, really. A stop-over en-route, or a rest day on arrival helps. It’s important to try to sleep and wake according to local time, even on the aeroplane.

Q. What will happen if there is an emergency?

A. With VietnamOpentour Sinhtravel, your guide will always have a mobile ‘phone and a means of summoning immediate assistance. You will also have direct telephone access Head office.

Q. How will medical emergencies be dealt with?

A. You will be immediately taken to the nearest international clinic or hospital for an immediate examination and appropriate treatment according to the terms of your insurance.

Q. What if I am hospitalised or become incapacitated?

A. If you have supplied us with the details of your insurance, we will contact the company on your behalf and assist in any way we can.

Q. What should we do about malaria

 A. Malaria happens in the mountainous area. All the hotels in the area have mosquitoes net. We often oganise tours to the rural area but there’s no malaria cases. Only local people have risks to this desease.